What if my ex tries to move the kids out state?

If your divorce has not been filed and your wife tries to move the children to another state, you should consult with an attorney about filing for divorce immediately to make sure that the court in Missouri will have jurisdiction over the children.

Most states have a residency requirement before a parent can file for divorce. The party must be a resident of the state for a specified period of time, before they can file for divorce. In Missouri, a parent would have to reside in this state for at least 90 days immediately before filing for divorce.